Monday, March 11, 2013

Love

Today I want to talk about love, and about the person who taught me that, no matter what, love is worth it. If you don't like sappy, romantic stories, then you can stop here. Shit's about to get sappy.  

You all know about Andrew, my boyfriend. I've mentioned him before, and many of you know us personally. He is the love of my life.

I had a conversation with one of my friends the other day. She told me that she didn't want to fall in love, because she didn't want to have to go through the pain of losing them. I can understand that point of view, because there was a point in my life when I thought the same thing. I'd been hurt, cheated on, I'd seen divorce, and I just didn't want to engage in those feelings again. I didn't have a boyfriend that lasted more than a few weeks. The first two serious relationships I had both burned me and hurt me, and I honestly had given up. I didn't want to go through that again. And then I met Andrew, and for me, everything changed.

I was at a point in my life where I was happy with myself, and the way my life was going. I was independent, and had no plans of getting in a relationship with anyone. But from our first date, I knew that he was different. I knew that I would love him, and I knew that he wouldn't hurt me. I don't know how, but I knew.

It's been almost a year since we first met. Yes, I know that to many of you, that isn't very long. But I can tell you, that no matter how many hard times I had, and no matter how hard I struggled, it has been the best year of my life. I met Andrew, and he made everything worth it.

I fell in love with him so fast, and it hit me hard. I have never been this happy, and I honestly didn't know it was possible. And I wasn't the only one who knew. "You glow when you look at him." That's what my dad said when he saw us together, and my dad was not an easy man to please when it came to the boys that I dated. From the minute people saw us together, they knew that we were perfect. And so did we.

I won't lie, I have thought about what I would do if I were to lose him, and certain circumstances in my life have made this thought more prominent in my mind. What would I do without the love of my life? I can tell you that I don't know. I don't know what I would do. But I do know that I would be ok. That no matter what happens, I know that I would make it through. Why? Because I know that I have my love for him, and his love for me. I know that we have something special, and that no matter where life takes us, I will always have that. I honestly believe that it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all. I know that the time that I have with him is special, and that these memories will last forever, and so will our love.

Now, I am not predicting that Andrew is going to die, because, let's face it, I honestly believe that he is invincible and that he's going to live forever. I don't ever want to lose him, and I don't ever plan on losing him. He is my rock, and I have an endless amount of love and adoration for him. He's simply not allowed to die. And we all know I wear the pants, so what I say goes. Isn't that right, babe?

Anyways, I want you all to know, that if you are scared to love and lose, don't be. Because the love that you have will be worth it. I am so happy to have Andrew in my life, and I couldn't ask for anyone better. Everyone should experience a love like this. Everyone should find someone that is so perfect for them, someone who shows them how beautiful life can be, and who makes them feel something that is so strong, it is undescribable.

I love you Andrew. Thank you for coming into my life, and changing it forever. I am so excited for our future together, and I know that it will be utterly amazing. You are my best friend, and the love of my life, and I couldn't ask for anything better.

And thank you to Maryveil and Steven for introducing us. You guys fucking rock.

4 comments:

  1. Awe :) lol if I were to post about how crazy mine and Brian's love story started it would be so long! I'm happy for you Shaye :) and you don't even know what lies ahead! Lol it'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I am so excited for the rest of my life with him! And I am so happy for you and Brian. You guys are so perfect for each other. :)

      Delete
  2. You are the best Shaye Derryberry. I wish i was as talented at writing as you everyone could know how i feel about you. ^^ FYI i told you to write your blog about this, so who wears the pants now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically, I wrote about Love... you just happened to be the main topic, considering I'm in love with you. I still wear the pants babe. ;)

      Delete