Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Grammar Freak Gone Wild

Ok, so normally I would wait until tomorrow to post something, but this just cannot wait! I am so seriously peeved right now, as I'm sure many people are at what I am about to discuss.

We (meaning me and my graduating class) have been graduated for almost 2 years. Almost all of us are 20 years old and have put our teenage years behind us, and if we are still 19-like I happen to be- we are coming very close to the big 2-0. So why the hell do I keep running across the posts on Facebook and seeing texts of people who cannot spell? Honestly? You are almost 20 (if you aren't already) and you can't spell "tomorrow"???

Ok, I understand that some people are not as good in the academics area, I really do understand that, but things are just out of control. I don't know where you were during English class, but these are words that are used almost-if not every- day. I can understand some grammatical/spelling errors that happen often, such as you're/your and too/to. Those can be confusing as shit! They are commonly mistaken words that many people struggle with, including me. However, when it comes to common words that we are constantly using, it is fucking ridiculous that we cannot spell them properly. Maybe I'm a grammar freak who's out to control everyone's lives and public posts. Or maybe, just maybe, these are things that we should have learned in elementary and junior high.

When I see these huge grammar mistakes/spelling mishaps, I often wonder to myself what this person's resume looks like. Honestly. When you are trying to get a grown-up job, with benefits and vacation time and all that stuff that makes you say "this is fucking awesome!", do you turn in a resume that says "I can start working her imeditely." Do you?

I know some people may say I'm being anal, but I'm not. It's fucking ridiculous that someone cannot spell the simplest of words. Honestly...


No comments:

Post a Comment