Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Religion at its Finest

Ok so today I wanted to discuss something that has had a major impact on me since moving to Utah-Religion.

I'm going to start off by saying this-I believe that religion is an extremely personal thing. Whether you believe in God or Buddha or Satan or whatever the fuck you choose to believe, you chose it for a reason- your own personal reasons. Everyone has their own version of heaven or hell, everyone pictures it differently, and everyone is going to see God differently, no matter what religion you are or what church you choose to go to. That is why I choose not to go to church. I believe what I believe, and I do not feel the need to go to church to justify that. End of story.


Now, I'm going to tell you some of the things that I have heard "good Christians" say in my lifetime:
·         "You are going to hell for believing in gay rights."
·         "If you aren't LDS, you can't go to heaven."
·         "You cannot have the holy spirit because you are not LDS."
·         "If you don't pray, you will never go to heaven/be forgiven for your sins."
·         "Because you are no longer (insert religion of person talking here), I can't be friends with you. I don't support that lifestyle."
All of the things I just listed are bull shit. Let me tell you something. God created everyone, and loves everyone equally, regardless of the church they go to, their sexual preference, or their lifestyle of choosing. I am not a strong believer in God, I'll admit that, but if he is real, I can guarantee that all of the "Christians" that truly believe those things they said, are 100% incorrect. I don't give a fuck what anyone else says. I don't care if they do believe that, like I said, religion is personal, but just because you don't support someone's lifestyle or relationships or religion, does NOT give you the right to tell them they are going to hell!!!

I am so thoroughly sick of everyone trying to push their religion on everyone around them. Believe what you want, I honestly DON'T CARE. But the minute you try to push that on me or tell me that I'm going to hell for not believing it, is the minute I have a problem with you.
I don't understand why people can't just live by the Bible and love one another. It's as simple as that. What someone else believes as far as religion goes does not affect the person they are. We should all just love each other, regardless of religion or beliefs, and be happy. I have multiple friends who have gone on missions and such, and I can honestly say that I am proud of them for having enough faith in their religion to be able to drop their life for 2 years and go and spread the word. It doesn't mean I believe what they do, it just means I have utmost respect for them, and their religious beliefs.
If you are offended by this post, I apologize. It is not meant to offend anyone, it is simply meant to explain my beliefs. I love you all, regardless of religion or lack of, and I honestly hope that someday everyone else can be as open to other people's religions as they are to their own.

Amen. ;)


Sorry if this post is all over the place and scattered, there are just so many things that I would love to say on the subject, and can't quite get them all organized in my little head!

3 comments:

  1. I like this post lots. Its definitely personable to me, Growing up In an LDS family and all. I recently have left the church because it's beliefs aren't what I fully believe and I get judged by my choice by family and friends. Which is so wrong to me! I believe you said it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it!! Thanks Morgan! :) I'm so sorry you're going through that.. I went and still go through the same thing! It sucks but I'm so glad I went with what I believed instead of what everyone wanted. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Shaye! Yeah I agree! I feel like I'm actually being myself! And I love it:)

      Delete