Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Black Hole of Love

I think I may have been sucked into a black hole. Really guys, this is serious business. No fuckin' around here.

It all started a couple months ago. Every girl has a wedding board on Pinterest. Every girl. Even girls that are married have a wedding board. No one understands it, it's just fact. I've had my wedding board since the first day I had a Pinterest account. It's great, by the way, and if you aren't following me, you should. Back to the story.

As I said, it started a couple of months ago. I was pinning, as usual, from the wedding board. All of a sudden it was like I had lost all direction in my life, and the only thought I could muster was "get married."

Now, I'm a pretty sensible person. I'm only 20 years old, and I am not ready to get married. I have to be old enough to get smashed in a bar for my bachelorette party, and I would rather not get in trouble for drinking champagne at my wedding. Also, Andrew and I have only been together for one year... Yes, I'm planning on spending the rest of my life with him. But that stays the same whether we get married now or 5 years from now, so what's the rush?

So now I've got all these thoughts running through my head about how I'm young and not ready, but yet my entire being is being sucked into this black hold of love and beutiful decorations and wedding dresses and mason jars and confetti. It's like I can't stop. I can't. And the more I try to stop, the longer I sit here, pinning my dream engagement ring and finding more wedding dresses that are way outside of my price range.

I don't know what to do.

I've been on Pinterest since I got to work at 8 this morning. It's literally been 5 straight hours of pinning wedding ideas. I. Can't. Stop.

I have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment