Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Desperate Facebookers

"I just want someone to cuddle me."
"I just want a guy/girl who treats me right."
"I just want someone who loves me for who I am."
"I play video games, OMG I need a boyfriend who will play with me."
"I'll treat a girl good."

Fucking. Stop.

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen posts like these on Facebook lately, and to those who are posting them, here is a news flash. You look fucking desperate.

Stop.

You want someone to come cuddle you or be your boyfriend? How about you go out and meet someone, instead of hoping and praying that they'll see your status and come running in their shining armor?

Yes, everyone wants certain things, and has standards for what they want in a relationship, but posting that on Facebook is not how you find someone who is going to have the qualities you're looking for. Like I said, it only makes you look desperate.

Speaking from my own personal view, when I was single and saw boys posts things like that, it made them seem desperate and clingy. I want someone who is independent, who is ok being single, but wouldn't mind meeting someone if they did. They aren't advertising the fact that they can't handle being alone. They are living their own life, and they are happy about that, regardless of whether they're single or not.

Those are the guys that caught my attention.
And ladies, I've talked to more than one guy that said the same thing. Stop looking for a relationship, and be happy being independent. That is when you'll find someone.

And you know what? The same goes for all those stupid fucking pictures people post. "I just want a relationship where we're happy" over an ocean background. What? Stop. Posting pictures on fucking Facebook isn't gonna get you there, honey. How about you try going out and meeting people?

I don't mean to be rude, and I know how hard it is to find someone worth while in the times we live in. But I can tell you now it's gonna be a hell of a lot easier if you start looking outside of your group of Facebook friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment