Monday, December 10, 2012

Let The Lesbians And Gay Dudes Get Married

So, I've been sitting at work today, and all day I've been trying to think of something to write about. I wanted so badly to post today. I started browsing through the internet, and then I came upon an article about same-sex couples getting married in Seattle. (I am going to include a link to this at the bottom of the blog. It is truly touching.) Now, gay marriage is something I whole-heartedly support. I feel like all couples should have the right to get married, whether they are gay or straight. As I was looking through all the pictures and photos of these couples, I also read the headline of an article about something the LDS church released a statement on. "The experience of same-sex attraction is a complex reality for many people. The attraction itself is not a sin, but acting on it is." This little statement pissed me off to no end. I am going to explain why.

First off, I have to give them credit for at least admitting that one's sexual preference is not a choice. Way to go. However, for them to say that acting on your desires is fucking bull shit. They would rather you live a lie, and hide the fact that you are gay or be lonely or force yourself to have a relationship with someone that you are not interested, than they would like for you to be happy just being yourself! Honestly, that makes no sense. Being gay, and not "acting upon it" just means that you are living a lie! Thou shall not lie.

I would like to know how it affects ANYONE if two people of the same sex are getting married right now. This is not ruining your life, relationships, or any aspect of your life. This isn't causing people to die, and for those of you who think that same-sex relationships are killing people by spreading AIDS, first off, I would like to invite you to shut the fuck up. Secondly, so some research, you ignorant fuck. Nobody likes you.

Now, I understand that some people are going to take the religious point of view and say that God says gay marriage is a sin. I would like to remind all of you that if you are a true Christian, you believe that God created everyone, and that everyone is equal. This means gays, too. Asshole. If you want to be a Christian, than fucking act like one, and stop being an ignorant asshole.

Now you all know where I stand, and what I think. If you disagree with me, that's fine. We can agree to disagree.  I'm going to think you're an asshole, though. I'm a bitch like that. Now, look at these awesome photos in the link I've included.

No comments:

Post a Comment