Monday, December 31, 2012

Kelly Makes Good Chicken

This morning, I received an e-mail from one of my teachers from high school, Mrs. Francis. Let me tell you, this e-mail made my entire morning. She was one of the teachers who was my rock my senior year. I was not living at home, I was working two jobs, and I was still trying to keep up with my school work so that I would be able to graduate. I ended up dropping all of my extra curricular classes so that I would be able to work two jobs. It was a hard semester, but I made it through. I had Mrs. Francis. She encouraged me to keep going and stay strong. I also had Ricci. She was my teacher, and was also housing me until I could find my own place. This blog is dedicated to them, and the other teachers that have impacted my life.

I'll start with the first teacher who impacted me. Mrs. Taylor taught me in fifth grade. Now, at first she was an ordinary teacher. One day, she pulled me, along with seven other students, into the hall. She told us that we were advanced. She gave us a project to do. We researched Lewis and Clark for months. We wrote reports, we made presentations. We had a clay boat, and a board stuffed with information. We did this during class. And when we finished? We presented everything we had done to the University of Utah. Holy shit. It was amazing. I cannot tell you how excited I was. This was the first time I had ever realized how smart I was. She inspired me to keep learning, to continue and do the best I could and to strive to go above and beyond. Not only that, but she helped me through a lot of hard stuff that year. I was still new to Utah, and had just moved from my moms house to my dads. There were a lot of struggles, and she helped me through those. She acted as my mentor, my guide, and she was a kick ass teacher. She also happens to be the aunt of my boyfriend. Fuck yeah! I love you, Mrs. Taylor!

The second would be Ricci. I was her assistant all three years of high school. We became very good friends. I watched her kids in the daycare, and she was like another mom to me. When I had no where to go and couldn't live at home, she was there for me. I called her up and told her I had no where to go, and her response was, "We just refinished the basement, I hope you like babies." She had just had twins, and also had a 1 year old daughter. I cannot thank her enough for the support she showed me. And the fact that she let me pay rent in Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Third, Mrs. Francis. As I said in the beginning, she was my rock. She encouraged me in my toughest times, she gave me advice whenever I needed it, no matter what the situation. She was the first and only teacher to give me a diciplinary U. She kept me in line, and was such a good friend to me. I could go to her for anything I needed, and she was there. Without her support, I don't think I would have made it through.

Fourth would be Kelly. She wasn't my teacher. She was my coworker. Last year, my ex kicked me out with no where to go. Kelly and I had some coffee and I told her what had happened. I didn't know what I was going to do, or where I was going to go. She offered to let me put some stuff in her garage. What a blessing that was. It doesn't seem like much, but to me it was the world. When I went to her house, she gave me even better news. I could stay with her. Her and her husband housed me for two weeks. I could not be more grateful. They LITERALLY saved my life. I would have been living in my car, and instead I was living with two amazing people and their cuddly dogs. Kelly made some really really good chicken. Just saying. She gave me advice on my job, and my friends and family. It was such a rough time all around, and she helped me through.

To you all, I just want to say thank you. I may not have shown as much gratitude as I should have, but you guys have been amazing to me. You have helped me through the hardest times, and it is because of you guys that I have made it to where I am today. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment